I love plans. Big plans, small plans, knowing how the story goes, series with a limited number of seasons, baking..no crazy stuff there, you have your ingredients and do as you’re told step 1, step 2, step 3 you’ll get your cake and eat it too – (almost) as good as advertised in that Bon Appétit post. I love countdowns and small notes on my calendar, I like to count how many weeks are left, how many days are left, how many times do I have to sleep and wake up and sleep and wake up and sleep and wake up until… And now without a plan or a countdown, I feel disoriented. I can’t count/count on/be counted on and I’m tired of trying to make brownies and ending up with breadcrumbs. But with every month comes a new batch of songs straight out of the oven, pristine, unscathed, untouched so new strangers can hopefully ruin one day. Press play.
Stream our Spotify and Anghami Best of 2020 playlists at the bottom of the article.
1. Moses Sumney – Cut Me
2. Leon Bridges – Inside Friend ft. John Mayer
3. Glass Animals – Dreamland
4. Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes – Nightrider (feat. Freddie Gibbs)
5. Fiona Apple – Cosmonauts
6. Lianne La Havas – Paper Thin
7. Odezenne – Hardcore
8. Bob Dylan – False Prophet
9. Cold War Kids – 1 x 1 (feat. Wesley Schultz)
10. Orville Peck – Summertime