Who doesn’t like Scorsese? Many, actually. I mean he’s been making okay films for a while now. I loved Hugo so much, but then The Aviator, Gangs of New York, Shutter Island, The Wolf of Wall Street were all watchable but forgettable. The Departed, for which he won the Oscar for best director, belongs to that list as well.
But who cares.
Editor’s Note: Opinions in this article are the writer’s own and do not represent Revolver as a whole. Martin Scorsese poops masterpieces.
The man made Mean Streets, Raging Bull, Goodfellas and Taxi Driver to name a few. Compare these titles to the ones I mentioned above and you’ll get my point. When a song like The Marvelettes’s Please Mr. Postman plays during one of the rawest & most brutal fight scenes ever filmed (?) in Mean Streets, or when Late for the Sky by Jackson Browne plays during that scene from Taxi Driver (my favourite scene in my favourite Scorsese film), that proves that Marty is also a genius when it comes to choosing music for his films. Check the list below and see yourself.
By Ismail Sakalaki
Scroll down to the bottom to stream the full YouTube, Anghami, or Spotify playlists.
15. And Then He Kissed Me – The Crystals (Goodfellas – 1990)
14. Van Morrison & Roger Waters – Comfortably Numb (The Departed -2006)
13. Tell Me – The Rolling Stones (Mean Streets – 1973)
12. Mickey and Sylvia – Love is Strange (Casino – 1995)
11. Lonely Nights – The Hearts (Raging Bull – 1980)
10. Sunshine of Your Love – Cream (Goodfellas – 1990)
9. Life Is But A Dream – The Harptones (Goodfellas – 1990)
8. Be My Baby – The Ronettes (Mean Streets – 1973)
7. Sail on Sailor – The Beach Boys (The Departed – 2006)
6. Jump into the Fire – Harry Nilsson (Goodfellas – 1990)
5. Beyond the Sea – Bobby Darin (Goodfellas – 1990)
4. Please Mr. Postman – The Marvelettes (Mean Streets – 1973)
3. Jumpin’ Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones (Mean Streets – 1973)
2. House of the Rising Sun – The Animals (Casino – 1995)
1. Late for the Sky – Jackson Browne (Taxi Driver – 1976)