It’s not about the survival of the strongest nor the most genetically pure. Pet dogs exist because their ancestors decided to become friendly with humans and we exist because our ancestors shared food, shelter and knowledge. Natural selection favored increased prosociality over aggression in late human evolution. We are not as selfish as we think we are because we have evolved to be friendly. Despite what you see on Twitter, we care, we blush and for every toilet paper hoarder, there are 100 nurses and artists creating new music every month. Press play.
Stream our Spotify and Anghami Best of 2020 playlists at the bottom of the article.
1. Still Woozy – Window
2. Arlo Parks – Black Dog
3. Khruangbin – So We Won’t Forget
4. Keaton Henson – Career Day
5. Mild Orange – Now You Know
6. Bright Eyes – One and Done
7. Agar Agar – Aaaah
8. Tigran Hamasyan – Levitation 21
9. Deante’ Hitchcock – I Remember
10. Celeste – I Can See The Change