We’ve been Pavloved into liking summer but heartbreak doesn’t take the season off. Maybe it’s the hellish weather, maybe it’s the heightened expectations, maybe your ex got married, maybe you didn’t get that promotion, maybe you wish you didn’t get that promotion, maybe it’s unprecedented levels of pink flamingos on your feeds. July wasn’t a happy month but here’s to August.
For every Chester Bennington death, there’s radios playing Chester Bennington for hours on end. For every Moderat announcing its separation, there’s a Bjork announcing a new album. Bawl your eyes out.
1. Glass Animals – Agnes
2. This Is The Kit – Moonshine Freeze
3. Ride – Weather Diaries
4. Alex Cameron – Stranger’s Kiss
5. The Dears – 1998
6. Broken Social Scene – Hug of Thunder
7. Royal Blood – How Did We Get So Dark?
8. The Strypes – Great Expectations
9. Deerhoof and Laeticia Sadier – Come Down Here and Say That
10. Belle and Sebastian – We Were Beautiful